Wednesday 16 January 2013

A toddler's favorite word

A toddler's favorite word:

no
 [noh] adverb, adjective, noun, plural noes, nos, verb.

adverb
1.
(a negative used to express dissent, denial, or refusal, as in response to a question or request) Often delivered by those between the ages of 18 months and 18 years.

noun
2.
an utterance of the word “no.” usually by small children to drive their parents crazy.
3.
a denial or refusal: He responded with a definite no. Most often said by a child who doesn't want to do something their parent(s) have suggested, and often repeated in sequence by children in their toddler years.

verb (used with object)
4.
to reject, refuse approval, or express disapproval of/to express disapproval, generally towards the suggestion of ones parents.


The internet is such a valuable source for information. And by internet, I mean you being on it... I am calling for your tips on how YOU deal with the allusive temper tantrum. How do you deal with these insanely fussy moments and the illustrious NO?

1 comment:

  1. I tell my child I do not understand what he is saying when he says no. Then he gets really frustrated and I walk away and ingnore him. I have gotten very good at blocking out the noise, the tantrums, the NO's... and eventually he gets bored of being upset when he realizes i am not reacting. It has taken me years of practice to get to this point. If you don't react it really throws their whole tantrum plan for a loop!

    Casey

    ReplyDelete

Instagram