Friday 10 February 2012

We've moved to solids have we?

Yes, Penelope has started eating solids. And yes, it's another blog about poop. With the introduction of solid food comes solid poop - it's wonderful and heartbreaking at the same time.
Changing Penelope used to be a dreaded experience. I thought at times that I may have to break out a pair of gloves, and on some days, a helmet with face protector. Let's be honest - depending on what I had eaten that day, a gas mask too. Okay, you're right - that wasn't totally honest, let's call it a Hazmat suit and be done with it.

But now, NOW, I can now simply go upstairs and give her a quick wipe and change. It's lovely. Hell, I can even do it ON THE COUCH if I really want to! Yes, all mothers get this excited about poop.

What once came so easily (all over her car seat, up to her ears, or ten minutes before a train pulled into the station) she now has to work for. I mean REALLY work for. Every time I hear a loud grunt and see her grimace, pushing with all her might, my heart breaks a little. Poor little Poppet. And really, all that for just one little nugget (apology to fast food eaters for that comparison). 

Apparently with the introduction to fibrous foods, she now needs more hydration. So, we've taken to giving her a bit of water while she eats. Here's hoping it softens her up. The last thing I want to deal with is baby hemorrhoids.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram