Tuesday 8 May 2012

The Mother's Day gift post, brought to you by the letter "B"...

Ah, it's almost here. Our first Mother's Day. A day to celebrate the bond with our children. A day for....
 
sleep.

This post is brought to you by the letter B.

B isn't for boobs, although I'd take a day with having them all to myself. It's for Bed - what every mama REALLY wants for Mother's Day. No, not an actually bed, but come to think of it, a new mattress would be lovely. 

No matter how you break it down, somehow, it's what we're praying our partners will come through with. Let's take a look... 

1. bed, as in: Let me stay wrapped in blankets for much longer than you while you get up and take the baby out of the house so I can sleep in it.

2. bed, as in: Let's do the horizontal tango in it - and if we're lucky, that might be brought to us by the letter "O" as well.

3. bed, as in: Serve me breakfast in it. With a giant cup of coffee. Preferably after you've let me sleep in. But, I'll also accept simply eating delicious food I didn't make while I read a trashy novel in it.

4. bed, as in: the one with flowers/herbs/vegetables in it. Let me enjoy an afternoon to garden, feeling my hands in the dirt, the monotony of pulling weeds with birds chirping nearby and not having to stop every 3 minutes to attend to baby. Yes please.

5. bed, as in: the massage kind. Okay, technically this is a massage "table" but let's not be too picky here. Mama wants a damn massage!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram